So I've been seeing all this WIP Wednesday jazz online and thought this might be a good way to get me to post more progress stuff. If I try to do it too frequently, I just don't feel like I've done anything and don't post. If I don't have a goal, I won't ever post (as can be seen by my lack of posts). Once a week might be a good way to get me to do the work I need and document it too.
Anyways, Here are some things I'm working on. We are doing a Borderlands group for DragonCon. My wife has most of her Gaige done, John over at EmberCostumes is doing Axton, his wife as Maya, my friend Marshall as Salvador, Mindy will be Lilith, and I will be matching my wife with my spiffy Deathtrap.
Here are some props I've been working on:
This is how the Class Mod started. That's right Blue's Clues. I got some funny looks buying this at a flea market, and as Macklemore says, "But shit it was 99 cents".
I kid, it was a dollar.
And this is what it should look like...
First, I sanded and primed the lunchbox.
Then comes the greeblies...
You see those spots at the top? Yeah I put the hinges on the wrong side at first. Oops... I fixed it though.
Painted white and taped off for the green.
I mixed yellow and blue oil paints to get this green. You work with what you've got sometimes...
And finally, the red, details and weathering (weathering thanks to Angela at EmberCostumes since I was finishing my Pyg Mask before the Akon).
I made her hammer, wrench, and piston out of a toy tool set. They came out pretty well.
There are a lot more props for her costume, I just don't have the pics on me right now.
Also it's not Wednesday anymore, but we'll pretend this got posted on WIP Wednesday, cause that's when I started...
And on to Deathtrap. This is all I've gotten done so far. I can finish in like a week right? I guess we'll find out next Wednesday cause if I haven't finished by next week's WIP Wed, It won't be done for DragonCon.
It's cardboard that I will be coating in resin to make it a hard shell.
And the Guzerker buckle.
It still needs work, but it's coming along. I was going to vaccuform these, but I might not. It's not too heavy and might be fine as a buckle by itself.
And last but not least, these are the shields for the the group. I need to finish these so I can pull them tomorrow. If I can't vaccuform these before I go to Tyler, then I'll have to mold and cast them, which will not be fun.
It seems like a lot, but it's been a while since I posted. Also, this isn't really that much and I have more that I need to post.
I'll get this whole blogging thing down.
Since you guys have been so good, I'll post a bonus non-prop project that has been eating a lot of my time.
TA-DA! Yup it's a TARDIS. When finished it will house my sister-in-law's gaming computer.